Remote – Anywhere in the world.
Pick your home or a co-working in your city.
Or feel free to join us at the IT capital of India – Bengaluru
What does a UX designer do? Responsibilities often include:
- Consulting with clients to understand their goals and explaining research results
- Conducting usability testing
- Developing personas and usage scenarios
- Translating requirements into wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps, screen flows & product prototypes
- Analyzing user feedback and activity, and iterating to enhance the user experience
- Assisting with content development
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis
- Considering existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Defining interaction models, user task flows, and UI (user interface) specifications
- Communicating scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product
- Working with creative directors and visual designers to incorporate a visual or brand identity into the finished product
- Experience: You are an Intermediate/Advanced designer as illustrated in UX Design Skills Ladder.
- Knowledge: You have theoretical and practical grip on subtle UI principles spanning Information Design, color, spacing, contrast
- Communication: You are an exceptional communicator when it comes to text, voice, and visual communication. You listen closely, can conduct training, negotiations, arguments with ease.
- Attitude: You often say ‘I do not know’ when you are in doubt. And you have longing to ‘be sure’.
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Focus on Content that goes in Sketches and in Prototype.
- You should have a flair for writing content for UX.
- Background in project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Proficient in design software (e.g. UXPin, Balsamiq)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind with a business acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
WHAT YOU GET
- Salary: Somewhere between ₹6,00,000 to ₹12,00,000 per annum (dependent on your work experience). Often paid through weekly payments
- Stock options: You may receive stock options in one of our startups as bonus (we are aiming for atleast half of the team at Smarter.Codes to have stock options). This can even be double digit equity in a “wannabe unicorn startup”!
- People: A mix of geeky, frugal, and seasoned professionals to work with. See who you would be working with on a daily basis. This could be a lot of learning!
- Paid leaves: 15 days in a year. Pick the dates for yourselves when you wish to stay unavailable. Cater to your social/personal engagements with ease, or make your own holiday calendar
- Flexibility: To work from anywhere and anytime during the week. With minimum of 40 working hours a week
How To Apply
ABOUT SMARTER.CODES We are an AI startup and realize that Natural Language isn’t being understood by computers like sci-fi promised us. Started in 2014, Smarter.Codes earned clientele and appreciation from prestigious enterprises like Target Inc, Ford Motors, Tech Mahindra, Bank of Montreal, Delivery.com, TheMindGym, and likes. Bootstrapped during first 3 years of its inception, and angel funded in 2017. Smarter.Codes is navigated by 2 serial entrepreneur brothers and distinguished advisors across the globe - including mentors from the camps of 500 Startups, Alchemist Accelerator.